Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Organic Farmer's Market

Today was the best day since we moved. We searched out the local Organic Farmer's Market in Hato Rey. When we got there it looked pretty sparse. Only a few vendors, maybe 6 or 7. We combed the entire plaza to see what everyone had. I couldnt find any greens, which I have noticed is my number one biggest pet peeve. I love greens and I can never get enough of them. I find lots of frozen spinach and fresh cabbage, but no collards, kale, mustard, spinach, chard, etc. So coming to the farmer's market was also a green's mission.

We must have arrived too late to get any greens. Someone said that one of the farmers did have them, but he was already sold out. Hey, if I caught them I would have bought out everything he had. Fortunately, one of the booths had collard plants....even better...and collard seeds!!! YAHOO! My husband and I got so excited! We bought collard plants, collard seeds, spinach plants, spinach seeds, and even an eggplant-plant! We are ready to create our amazing garden now. I am so excited.

We also met some very cool people who live in the Rio Grande area which is not too far from us. We are in Luquillo. That is very warming to my spirit, because I thought all the "earthy" people were in the Rincon area. Rincon was cool, really cool, but we preferred the east coast and its close proximity to San Juan (about a 20 - 40 min travel) depending on the traffic that day.

Life here is going to be fantastic!

peas!

No comments:

Post a Comment